Date Joined: May 2, 2011
Last Online: September 18, 2018
Birthday: May 26
Country: United States
I like playing with collage, mixed media, hand carving rubber stamps, buying rubber stamps, owning more rubber stamps and paper than I can ever use, playing with my gelli plates, Sizzix die cutting machine and yeah, I like all that stuff and more.
I love that mailart has exposed me to many different styles, many different artists, many different perspectives.
I like exchanging naked handmade postcards and I usually do 5 x 7 inches in size. I find that size offers enough space to experiment while still being affordable to mail to someone. I like the postcards naked so the address, postage stamps and other postal markings are part of the piece.
I also enjoy making and trading ATCs. I meet with a local group to exchange ATCs monthly.
*Dogs (My dogs are Snooky, Daisy and Bruiser)
*Horses & Mules & Donkeys & Zebras
*Prints from hand carved rubber or linoleum
*Snoopy (not Charlie Brown)
*Favorite flower: Lilacs
*Favorite color - orange
*Favorite color - purple
*Favorite color - teal/turquoise/blue
*Favorite color - hee hee - so many, mostly vibrant, bright colors
MOVIES & TV
Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (pretty much all Wes Anderson movies), Split (and pretty much all M. Night Shyamalan movies), Princess Bride, Survivor, Homeland, Game of Thrones, Home Movies (animated),
* The Drifters by James Michner
* Kate Grenville's colonial Australia trilogy about the first three generations of white settlement in Australia, and what that shared black/white history means for contemporary Australians. (The Secret River, The Lieutenant and Sarah Thornhill)
* The Perfect Red by Amy Butler Greenfield
* The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith * Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
* Philippa Gregory's historical fiction about Henry VIII's wives (and lovers)
* Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
* The Wolves series by Joan Aiken
* Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs
If you look at my Flickr photos or my Flickr favorites you'll get an idea of my eclectic tastes. I'm not easily offended but please don't try (to offend me). I just mean that I'm pretty open minded.
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|