Ephemera are defined as any transitory written or printed matters that are not meant to be retained or preserved. What we today consider ephemeras were bits of paper of common use a few decades ago.
So, what do we mean when we say “Tomorrow’s ephemeras”?
Tomorrow’s ephemeras are bits and pieces of paper of common use, that may (one day) become collectibles, or that we can as well use today to decorate our journals, letters or paper crafts. They are even more unique if they come from another place, maybe with another language.
For this swap you will have to send your partner at least 5 paper items, such as:
- Newspapers and magazines cut-outs
- Tickets (from movies, museums, etc)
- Interesting pieces of packaging
- Business cards from restaurants or shops
- Appointment reminder cards (if anyone around you still use those)
- Any other interesting pieces of paper that’s been stuck in your wallet or purse, or in your messy drawer! Be creative and think out of the box!
I suggest that you avoid sending anything with personal information on it. Also please be considerate and don’t send rubbish, but something that can be pretty or interesting. Don’t send anything you wouldn’t like to receive.
Don't forget to include a note with the swap name and your username.
Decorate the envelope a little bit so it’s even happier for the recipient. :-)