I took this idea from @ilovemybabies7 Thank you for that.
This is a time-insensitive swap. It will probably take 2-3 months for this to be completed and received from your partner.
(Note: A SHEET is the front AND back of a piece of paper. A PAGE is just one (1) SIDE--front OR back. I hope this helps alleviate confusion.)
- Use a standard size composition notebook. They are normally 100 sheets. YOU MUST FILL EVERY FRONT SIDE OF EACH SHEET unless you get one that has more than 100 sheets, and then you must fill 80 to 100 pages. If you run out of all of the things below, fill the rest of the pages with whatever you want. Do NOT glue pages together. Only use the FRONT of pages, unless you run out of room.
- Your journal covers front and back must be decorated. Inside of covers is up to you.
- Your journal must include a Table of contents (or Appendix) page. You may use art, die cuts, printouts, doodles, ephemera, or whatever you want.
- Your journal must include a letter to your partner about yourself (Recommend being the (front of) first 2 or 3 pages, typed or hand-written but please be legible. Tell your partner all about you, your hobbies, likes, dislikes, job, do you have any children? Are you married, etc.)
- Your journal must include 5-Top 10 Lists (minimum of 1 page per Top 10 list)
- Your journal must include the lyrics to 5 of your favorite songs and why they’re your favorite (minimum of 1 page per song).
- Your journal must include one page of zentangles (preferably without ripping the page out; it can be done). Example: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/190277152996458252/
- Your journal must include a 1 page washi tape collage. Use your favorite tapes. Try not to let any paper show through when you are done.
- Your journal must include 20 quotes, preferably your favorites from wherever you’d like. (I recommend putting where the quote came from or who said it).
- Your journal must include 5 hand-written and/or typed poems. Please glue the typed poems to the page(s).
- Your journal must include a collage of your making, such as magazine clippings, die cuts, ephemera, themed or not. It is your choice.
- Your journal must include the first and last page of any book hand-written or typed out (please glue typed pages to your notebook page).
- Your journal must include 1 "Random facts about me that most people don't know.”
- Your journal must include 10 "I am grateful for…" entries (tell us the good things in your life). 1 page per entry. It is ok if you do not use the full page but try to use at least half.
- Your journal must include a minimum of 3 pages of tucked in goodies for your partner (flat things are good to use, the more the merrier). You can create pockets to glue on to those pages and putting items in the pockets could be useful in this case. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/844493667608464/
- Your journal must include your “Bucket list” (things you’ve always wanted to do)
- Your journal must include your “Travel list” (places you’ve always wanted to visit, NOT live)
- Your journal must include a page of hand-drawn doodles that YOU drew. Stick people and animals are OK. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/122160208632035328/
- Your journal must include a minimum of 3 pictures that you took either of yourself, a pet, landscape/nature, or anything you want, and give a little explanation of what it is and/or why you took it. It is OK to print pictures from your computer or develop them and adhere them on.
- Your journal must include 4 pages, 1 of each season: Spring, Summer, Fall/Autumn, and Winter, and each page must be decorated as such. One page for Spring; one page for Summer; one page for Fall/Autumn, and one page for Winter.
- Your journal must include a 1-page vision board (What Is a Vision Board and Why Make One? | Psychology Today). This can include anything. Feel free to decorate it.
- Your journal must include one page decorated with a kitchen sink theme, such as dirty dishes, washing the baby in the sink, etc. This can be a picture, hand-drawn, painted, collage, die cuts, etc.
And finally, your journal must include answers to the list of prompts below: (You are welcome to decorate these pages with embellishments, stickers, die cuts, etc. that help the page out)
- What is the best story your parents and/or grandparents tell about the “good ole days?”
- The best things in life are...
- Things that drive me crazy…
- A place I'd like to live and why (you’re welcome to include pictures, drawings, die cuts, etc.)
- The best thing I've ever found…
- The best thing that happened recently is...
- I admire people who...
- What makes me special?
- I am looking forward to...
- Things that scare me
- I could never live without…
- Things that make me laugh (you’re welcome to include elements/pictures/etc. of things that make you laugh)
- What have you been doing to keep yourself busy during the pandemic?
- Favorite crafts and projects (You’re welcome to include some of these)
- What would you like to try but haven’t yet, and why?
- What is your love language? (What Are the 5 Love Languages? Definition and Examples | Psychology Today)
- What/who makes your smile?
- Do I like the person I am today? Why (not)?
- Have you found your purpose in life? If so, what is it and how did you realize it? If not, what makes you think you haven’t? What do you think it could be?
- Write about someone you miss. (Ok to add items, pictures, and/or decorate)
- What activities do you do for your self-care? Why? How do they make you feel?
- Write a list of things, people, and/or places that make you happy (minimum 10).
- If money were not an issue, I would (pursue)….
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What movie could you watch all the time and why?
- How are you, really, right now?
And there you have it. Are you up for the challenge? These prompts and requirements don't have to be done in order. Just fill the composition notebook with everything; however, I do highly recommend the table of contents page be the first page of the book OR the Appendix page be the last page of the book.
Let's get started!
Recommendation: Label each page what it is supposed to be if there is a title available, such as "Vision Board," "Quotes," "Poems," the title for each writing prompt, etc.
Note: I CANNOT angel due to the fact that this it is a journal. If you are unable to follow-through, please do not join. I apologize if that seems insensitive. Thank you for your understanding.
- Rate a 5 if they send as stated in the Requirements section.
- Hearts are up to the partner at their discretion.
- Communication is key!
- If you think you will be late, message your partner and tell them. Also, please tell them why.
- It was brought to my attention about postage. Please remember that YOU need to pay for the FULL POSTAGE of the mail being SENT.
- USA -- There are two ways I recommend: Media Mail (just advise it is a book, handwritten but it IS a book, OR sending it priority mail which is $7.95 throughout the USA.
- I don't know anything about postage in Canada or Mexico. Sorry. Please post in the comments if you have recommendations on Postage that could be useful to others. Thank you!