Swap-bot Time: February 18, 2020 4:52 pm

TPD: Wax Paper Resist Background

Launch gallery slideshow

Group:The Paper Dragon
Swap Coordinator:123Poggy123 (contact)
Swap categories: Card Making 
Number of people in swap:12
Type:Type 3: Package or craft
Rating requirement:4.50
Last day to signup/drop:March 8, 2013
Date items must be sent by:April 12, 2013
Number of swap partners:1

Using this technique, you will make a unsigned card for your partner to use. It can have a greeting inside or you can leave it blank. Senders choice.

Crumple a piece of wax paper slightly larger than your cardstock. Now open up the wax paper leaving as many wrinkles as possible. Sandwitch the wrinkled wax paper inbetween 2 pieces of GLOSSY cardstock with the glossy sides facing each other.

Using a warm iron with the no steam setting, you will iron your cardstock. The wax paper will melt onto your glossy cardstock. When it is cool, you will spread ink from your ink pad using a sponge or brayer. Remove excess ink with a paper towel from your cardstock.

I use 2 whole sheets of glossy cardstock at a time but you can also use 2 peices already cut for the front of your card. Now add what you wish to make your card.

One partner will receive one unsigned card.


blessedtwox 02/24/2013 #

I wonder if you could use a heat gun instead of iron? I don't have an iron (I know, I know).

123Poggy123 02/25/2013 #

I do not think so because you need the pressure of the iron to press the melted wax (from the wax paper) onto the glossy cardstock. Even a little craft iron would work.

starrycat 02/25/2013 #

This sounds like fun! I love card making- do you happen to have a picture of what this looks like when done, or know a link where I can see the process?

starrycat 02/25/2013 #

nvm, googled it.....lol. if anyone else wants to see the process in image form, here is a link I located:
Wax Paper Resist Technique

123Poggy123 02/26/2013 #

Thank you starrycat.

agonysdecay 02/26/2013 #

Where do you buy or get Glossy Cardstock?

neca84 02/26/2013 #

where do you get wax paper?

123Poggy123 02/26/2013 #

You can get Glossy cardstock where you buy your regular cardstock. Almost every craft type store will have a package of it.

Wax paper can be found in grocery stores close to aluminum foil or Saran wrap.

JBromeling 02/27/2013 #

I have a bunch of glossy card stock and wax paper that I would be more than happy to share. Just send me your info and I will get it mailed off to you.

agonysdecay 02/27/2013 #

@123Poggy123 I've NEVER seen it! Thanks tons to @JBromeling for sharing!!!

123Poggy123 02/27/2013 #

agonysdecay, it is a really cool look.

gooddog56 03/ 1/2013 #

I did this in a class 15ish years ago, we used a brayer to apply ink from a stamp pad rather than the blending tool, possibly giving brighter colors...It comes out very nice.

123Poggy123 03/ 4/2013 #

I have used a brayer also with good results.

gooddog56 03/ 9/2013 #

I experimented today--was thinking I'd use a brayer and Kaleidocolor pad, for a striped effect. It came out well, but I wanted something brighter...I ended up using a dye ink pad direct to paper, and got a very brilliantly colored result...After I'd inked it well, I did wipe off the excess with a dry paper towel.

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Click here to log in.

I received the item
I sent the item

Received from:
For multiple members, separate names with spaces