STOP! Don't throw that 2013 calendar away - use it to make envelopes! Envelopes are fun and easy to create, and don't take a lot of time or money.
For this swap, you will send your partner five (5) handcrafted envelopes.
- Your envelopes should be the size used to mail a note card, letter, or business-sized. They should be able to be mailed with a first class stamp. No tiny envelopes (unless included as optional extras) or parcel-sized envelopes. No SQUARE envelopes - these require extra postage as they are unusually sized. Check your country's postal service guidelines if you are unsure about standard envelope sizes.
- The sides of your envelopes should be adhered securely. Don't worry about putting adhesive on the flap.
- The easiest way to make an envelope is to unglue an envelope you already own, and use it as a template. However, you can find tutorials on the web, or purchase plastic templates for cutting and folding envelopes.
- Use paper that will hold up well in postal service machines. Calendar pages, maps, scrapbook paper are good options, as are other heavy-weight papers. Do not use newspaper, magazine pages, or book pages that are lightweight. Please do not use plain solid-colored paper. Choose papers that are interesting!
- Do your best work. Cut your paper neatly and fold carefully.
Send ON TIME.
Rate promptly and accurately.
Communicate with both your partner and your host (me, @TC ) if there are problems.