Hi everyone. This is my first time hosting a swap. Thank you for your patience.
WHAT YOU ARE SENDING
One letter or note card about a book you read. It will include the book title, author, and general idea of when you read the book.
Answer five questions about the book. The questions are below.
Visit Random.org to generate numbers for which question you will answer. When you answer them, please write the questions out so the recipients know what you're talking about.
- Why did you pick the book?
- What did you think about the book?
- What do you know about the author?
- What’s the most memorable scene?
- How did the book make you feel?
- How do you feel about the way the story was told?
- Which parts of the book stood out to you?
- Which specific parts of the protagonist can you relate to?
- What would you like to say to the antagonist? Minimum of five sentences.
- What would you like to say to the protagonist? Minimum of five sentences.
- Which character did you relate to the most?
- Pick a secondary character and write a backstory. Minimum of five sentences.
- Share a line or passage from the book.
- What did you think about the ending?
- What kind of themes did you detect?
- Is the story plot driven or character driven? Do events unfold quickly or is more time spent developing characters' inner lives?
- If you were the book’s editor, what feedback would you give the author?
- What snacks would you suggest having with this book?
- What are you having the most trouble imagining and can’t wrap your head around?
- Pretend you’re another famous author writing a blurb for the cover. What would you say?
- If the book was made into a movie, what changes or decisions would you hope for?
- How did the book change you?
- If the book is part of a series, how does it stand on its own? If it’s a single book, what kind of series would it fit in?
While I understand the need to maintain the dignity of a swap and assure participants no one will flake, it's important to give people a chance to prove themselves.
Newbies, to participate, you must have at least fifteen lines on your profile. I will check before assigning partners.Thank you.
RATING AND REMINDERS
To receive a 5 rating, you are sending a letter or note card with book title, author, and five answered questions.
- Swap for the love of swapping, not ratings, hearts, or comments. If you wish to send extras, that is up to your discretion.
- Postal systems are like people. Some will be fast and some will be slow. Others are on time. If you haven't received your mail yet, send a message to the sender before losing your patience and rating a 1.
- If you have a a 1 rating on your profile, please have an explanation on your profile or you can write something in the comments below. If you prefer privacy, send me a message.
- If there's anything else, send me a message.
Thank you kindly.