|Swap Coordinator:||ChelseaStarleen (contact)|
|Swap categories:||Embroidery Handmade Quilting|
|Number of people in swap:||4|
|Location:||Regional - USA|
|Type:||Type 3: Package or craft|
|Last day to signup/drop:||August 8, 2020|
|Date items must be sent by:||September 5, 2020|
|Number of swap partners:||1|
I've come across the idea for this swap while searching for patch swaps on SB, and I love the idea of the Teesha-Moore-style patches.
I reached out to @SweetClementine who previously hosted a very similar version of this swap in 2014 in another swap group, but didn’t get a response and it looks like she’s been off SB since 2017, so hopefully she won’t mind.
Who wants to give it a try with me?!
• Send one (1) Autumn/Fall themed patch to one (1) partner.
Follow the links to the Teesha Moore tutorials posted at the bottom of the swap description if you are unfamiliar or want a step by step walk through.
The basics for the patch making start in the second half of video one and continue from there.
• Choose fabrics that speak to you and your sense of Fall/Autumn, and send a short note to your partner explaining why you chose what you chose.
I think it is fun to share our creative thought process with others as well as our art.
Fall/Autumn vibes could mean different things to different people, maybe apple themed fabrics, or major Halloween vibes, this could mean fall colors, this could also mean you have a crazy fabric with turkey and pumpkin pies on it you can’t wait to use up. Lol Whatever says Fall/Autumn to you and gives you happy fall vibes is perfect.
• I will say no smaller than 3x3in, but I’m not gonna put a max size limit so as not to limit your creativity and what speaks to your fabric/ideas.
You can check with your partner about preferences if you like.
• Stuff the patches as shown in the video to make it a lightly stuffed "pillowy" patch.
• Use some thread stitching besides the stitching that is required around the edges.
This may be hand stitched or machine stitching but should add to the visual interest of the piece.
• Include another type of embellishment such as beads, sequins, or buttons.
You do not have to be an experienced sew-er to participate. This is a very inexact, artsy process; hand or machine sewn is great! Variety is the spice of life. <3
• Please send and rate in a timely manner, I will angel if need be.
Have fun creating and happy swapping!
If this is successful, perhaps we can make additional swaps to create enough patches to make an item. We can also branch out into other colors and themes.
Below are the urls to videos that may be helpful to you for this swap:
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Click here to log in.