Date Joined: December 6, 2019
Last Online: May 16, 2020
Birthday: March 19
Country: United Kingdom
[Update 23 April 2020. In response to Covid-19, I am taking a break from SwapBot. Stay safe everyone.]
I am from Ireland, Ulster born. A recent addition to swap-bot's many members, I'm seeking fellow writers to correspond with. I'm particularly interested in literature, culture, history and art.
Currently, I write a regular blog (see link above). I would love any forthcoming feedback on this.
I am a former student, studying English and History. My special interest is social and cultural history - any period, it doesn't matter! So, if anyone has anything to share on this topic, please talk to me.
Primarily, I'm looking for pen-pals and people willing to share creative work such as fiction and poetry.
• Letters. I prefer hand-written, but typed is fine - as long as they are filled with personality. The decision, ultimately, is up to you.
• Postcards. (Please see below.)
• Photographs. Any 'artsy' or fantastic photographs are always welcome. Discussions on photography (essays, etc.) are also welcome.
• Illustrations. Again, anything 'artsy', new or novel are welcome.
• Books. If the opportunity arises, I would love to contribute to books swaps.
Please send all of the above (excepting postcards) in stamped envelopes.
I am especially interested in receiving correspondence in French. Currently, I am learning to read and write the language. So, please, if you're a native speaker, send me well written pieces to help my learning. I promise to reward such efforts.
Preferably, I would like written postcards sent without envelopes. Please send any style or design - I am not fussy at all.
My list is endless, but here are some excellent works:
• 'The Rainbow' (1915) by D.H. Lawrence. (Nottingham's finest writer.)
• Anything by Samuel Beckett (1906-89)!
• 'Ulysses' (1921) by James Joyce. (Yes; I'm one of those Joyce-freaks. I welcome any discussions of Joyce, Dublin, or Irish literature in general.)
• Please no stickers/sticky-notes!
• Please no soap, edibles, or perishable items.
• Anything hateful or abusive will not be accepted (and probably reported).
Anything by Madonna