Hello, welcome to my profile! I am so glad you stopped by! My name is ROOK.
I am autistic and live and work in Hollywood. I am married (9/13/2019) to my best friend Tennyson and we have a chihuahua named Lu (short for Luna).
- Postalettes or Stationery Sets- blank ones to send
- Postcard stamps - my post office has been out of them for months.
- JELLYFISH anything
- Nintendo DS Lite - Lego games. This is the only console I have and I lost my game wallet that I had all my Lego games in it. I am devastated and heartbroken as this was a complete collection and now I have only the one that was in my console (Lego Harry Potter years 1-4) Used is fine
- Hanayama Puzzles - I am obsessed!
- anything from or inspired by my wishlists above, I love second hand things. If you have something from my wishlists, you would like to pass on, I would love it.
Things that make me happy
My main special interest right now is Jellyfish I love everything about them!! books, photos, collectibles, toys….anything with jellyfish on them! Special interests are more than a collection or hobby they are kind of a self regulating adventure for most autistics. They help bring order, joy, and peace to my world. I just can’t seem to get enough of them!
Other things I enjoy are:
- My American Girl Doll, Junior. She is custom made and looks just like me!
- Movies - I love the whole process of making movies. Some of my favorite movies are Everything Everywhere All at Once, Legally Blonde, Marie Antoinette, Meet Joe Black, Tomorrowland
- Disneyland - I go about once a week, when work allows. It is also a special interest, but it is mainly the history of the park. I love any Disney ephemera (old, new, used, a corner….anything)!! I do like Disney in general, so I will never say no anything Disney. My favorite characters are Snow White, Merida, Elsa (specifically Frozen 2), Mabel Pines, Captain Marvel, and of course Mickey Mouse and the Fab Five!
- Archery - I love archery! I shoot as often as I can. I am hoping to compete someday.
- Anthropomorphic Animals - Especially MICE or any woodland animals! I also like Chickadees, Swans, Pegasuses
- Always Peter Pan
- Reading - THIS YEAR I am trying to read a new books by a POC, disabled, LGBTQA+ authors, so I am always up for suggestions!!
- Collections - Keys (Modern, skeleton, big, small…all keys. But actual keys, not stickers and such), Whiskies, Rooks (chess pieces),
ABCs of ME
- A - Angels, Alutiiq, Archery, Alaska, Ace of Spades, Artemis, Asexual, Autistic, Audrey Hepburn
- B - Bourbon, Babar, Browncoats, Brave (movie), Button Bouquet stems
- C - Chickadees, Code Lyoko, Cognac, Chihuahua, Captain Marvel, Crimson
- D - Disneyland, Doctor Who, Donald Duck, Daiso, Dragons, Delight
- E - Elsa, Everything Everywhere All at Once, Eleven
- F - Foxes, forget-me-nots, Fireweed
- G - Gravity Falls, Glassybaby, Gudetama
- H - Hanayama Puzzles, Hollywood, Hair Accessories (for fine hair), Harlem Renaissance
- I - Ice Skating, Isadora Duncan
- J - Jellyfish, Junior (My American Girl Doll)
- K - Keys
- L - Legally Blonde, Luna Lovegood, Lollypops/suckers
- M - Mice (especially anthropomorphic ones), Merida (from Brave), Marie Antoinette, Moleskine Journals, Mossflower Series (Brian Jacques)
- N - Nintendo DS Lite
- O - Otter Pops
- P - Pegasus, Peter Pan, Patriotic Ephemera (making a collage), Penelope (movie 2006), Petrichor
- Q - Queenie Goldstein, Q-Bert
- R - Rooks, Ramen, Roaring 20s
- S - Starbucks, Strawberry flavored anything, SPN, Sofia the First, Snow White, Swans/Signets, Sorcerer Mickey, Spam (the food product), Slytherin, Stars, Snorks
- T - Tiffany Blue, Truth (word of the year), Tomorrowland (movie), Tchotchkes with EVAN on them
- U - Ugly Duckling
- V - Versailles, Vintage Robots
- W - White (color), Wings, White flowers (ANY)
- X - Xenology of Doctor Who
- Y - Yoga, Yuri on Ice
- Z - Zebra Mildliners
🛸 My husband wrote a TTRPG game. It’s called Jump Rangers and it’s about Kid Space Commandos fighting alien dinosaurs and robots, click the link and check it out!
Swap-bot is something I do because I enjoy sending mail and receiving mail. Simple as that. I try to check-in as often as possible. I used to be a lot more involved but it really started becoming not fun, so I backed off a little. Swap-bot is for fun, not a job, I have a life outside of Swap-bot.
If there is something missing that you saw before…I still like those things. I just like to change up my incoming mail once in awhile.