Hello, welcome to my profile! I am so glad you stopped by! My name is ROOK(she/they)
I am autistic and live and work in Hollywood. I am married (9/13/2019) to my best friend and we have a chihuahua named Lu (short for Luna).
My husband and I live a cozy minimalist lifestyle. It isn’t that I don’t like stuff (I mean look at my lists below), Our house is very eclectic. It’s a little bit French Country meets Marie Antoinette, a little bit industrial and a little bit whimsical. But mostly cozy. Lots of soft cuddly vibes.
If it isn’t difficult for you it would help me if you could write bigger than normal or possibly type (14pt font). My eyes are failing me, I have RP(retinitis pigmentosa), and they have gotten worse over the past few months. I have lost all periphery, it’s a lot like looking thru a kitchen roll tube. This is all new for me, and it is hard to give up my independence or ask for help. I am not looking for sympathy I am just asking that you write bigger. I just love the swapbot community.
- Hanayama Puzzles - I am obsessed!
- Anything from or inspired by my Amazon or Etsy wishlists above (second hand or homemade is great!)
- Tchochkes with EVAN on them
- Disney Trading Pins
- Jellycat stuffed animals (I collect these)…especially love them if they are white!
- Gift cards: Starbucks, Target, Daiso, EBay, Amazon, Dollar Tree
- Postalettes - either with a letter or blank ones I can send
- Forever stamps, International Stamps and Postcard Stamps jellyfish stamps
Things that make me happy
- Movies - I love the whole process of making movies - it’s also my job. Some of my favorite movies are Everything Everywhere All at Once, Legally Blonde, Penelope, Practical Magic, Marie Antoinette, Meet Joe Black, Tomorrowland I also absolutely LOVE Audrey Hepburn!
- One of my special interest right now is Jellyfish I love everything about them!! books, photos, collectibles, toys….anything with jellyfish on them!
- Disneyland - I go as often as I can. It is has been a special interest since I was a kid, but it is mainly the history of the park. I love any Disneyland ephemera (old, new, used, a corner….anything)!! I do like Disney in general, so I will never say no anything Disney. My favorite characters are Snow White, Merida, Elsa (specifically Frozen 2), Mabel Pines, Captain Marvel, and of course Mickey Mouse and the Fab Five!
- French Country. Kind of like Shabby Chic - I love this whole aesthetic. Vintage florals, lots of white, soft cottons, linen and lace, milk glass, aqua colored lido glass
- To go with that our home is definitely Còsgach! Which is the Scottish way of Hygge. Like I said above COZY. Plus we love all things Scot! We love candles, cushions/throw pillows and throw blankets.
- Archery - I love archery! I am hoping to compete someday. Artemis, Arrow, Katniss, Merida, Robin Hood are some favorite characters for this reason.
- My American Girl Dolls, Junior is custom made and looks just like me! I also have Justice who is custom and has red and blue hair, and Kaya the historical doll. They have an instagram West Dollywood. I will never say no to doll sized items.
- Anthropomorphic Animals - Especially MICE or any woodland animals! I also like these animals: Chickadees, Swans, Pegasuses
- Slytherin, Luna Lovegood, Thestrals, Queenie Goldstein. Specifically.
- Always Peter Pan I can never get enough! I really love collecting different versions of the book. I got a Russian version for my birthday this year. Everything and anything Peter Pan will always make me smile.
- My favorite color is White. I also really like Grey, Tiffany Blue and Pink. I love white flowers (all of them). My wardrobe is mostly white, green, black, pink and grey. I tend to like gold colored jewelry better, but own a bunch of silver too.
- I am a snack-a-holic! I love sweets! Marshmallows are my favorite. Animal Crackers dipped in frosting is amazing. I pretty much love all candy except black licorice (and things with walnuts). Also, if you haven’t tried grilled PB&J…DO IT!!
- Things I Collect - Keys (Modern, skeleton, big, small…all keys. But actual keys, not stickers and such), Whiskies, Rooks (chess pieces), Glassybaby, and fancy shaped rhinestone bags (Like Judith Lieber but affordable)
Special interests are more than a collection or hobby they are kind of a self regulating adventure for most autistics*. They help bring order, joy, and peace to my world.
My husband and I are big TTRPG players and board games in general. We always love new games for 2 players! Used is fine.
🛸 My husband wrote a TTRPG game. It’s called Jump Rangers and it’s about Kid Space Commandos fighting alien dinosaurs and robots, click the link and check it out!
If there is something missing that you saw before…I still like those things. I just like to change up my incoming mail once in awhile.