Date Joined: March 30, 2018
Last Online: July 13, 2020
Birthday: May 5
Country: United States
Hi! I'm Jessica. Wife of a bearded veteran & Momma to a bunch of kids. No really, there's 5 of them. Their ages range from 10 years to 9 months. We live in North Carolina (Mid-Eastern USA). Midway between the Appalachian mountains & the Atlantic Ocean.
-My husband was in the US Army. He is medically retired & drives an 18-wheeler now.
Our kids are:
- Seth (10) He's into Pokemon, PS4, playing soccer, & the color blue.
- Emma (8) She's a girly girl. Loves singing, dancing, writing, & drawing.
- Charleigh (6) She's a stubborn little girl who isn't afraid to say whatever she's thinking. Loves drawing, stickers, writing, & watching cartoons with superhero girls.
- Zach (2) He is non-stop from wake-up to bedtime. Obsessed with dinosaurs & anything with wheels.
- Frankie (9mths) He's just learning to crawl. Loves toys that make sounds, has different textures, & that are small enough for him but still safe.
International candies & savory treats are always welcome for us to try. Especially chocolates & gummies.
:: Writing ::
- I tend to be a long letter writer. I'm very open & rarely anything is ever off limits.
- For as long as I can remember, I've written streams of thought as a way to sort of vent. These passages are generally in a journal or whatever piece of paper I have lying around.
- It's been a while since I've worked on it but I have a lifelong dream of publishing a novel (or many) one of these days.
- In 2020, I want to try & write on a regular basis. Even if it's just responding to a random prompt daily.
:: Reading ::
- My reading tastes are all over the place. I've read books from all sorts of genres & loved them. >- If someone loves a book enough to recommend it to me, I see no reason to not give it a try.
- Favorite books: 'The Kite Runner' // 'The Book Thief' // 'Water for Elephants' // 'The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo' // 'Fever' series by KMM // 'The Dark Elements' series by Jennifer L Armentrout
- I'm always open to swapping favorite reads or book recommendations. (Book Recs are also a great thing to list on a postcard)
- I also enjoy reading things written by other people (penpals, swap buddies, etc). This can be propmt responses, short stories, poetry, or whatever else they would like to share.
:: Music ::
- Music as saved my life on more than one occasion. There's such a nostalgic feel to so many songs that I listen to. Songs that take me back to a certain place in time.
- It's also a good way to get rid of all those pent up emotions. I also love to hear what songs are on peoples playlists. There's always room on my list for new songs. (Add your recent Playlist to your next postcard)
:: Crafting ::
- There are so many crafts I'm interested in. Time just seems to be an issue, however.
- Paper Crafting is the current extent of my crafting these days. (Always open to receiving anything related to papercrafting: embellishments, stickers, pretty paper destash, glue sticks, etc)
:: Movies ::
- My taste in movies tends to lean more towards movies from the 90s-00s.
- Some of my favorites are: American History-X, Finding Forrester, Save the Last Dance, Love Can Be Murder, Gone in 60 Seconds, Soldier's Girl, RENT, The Devil's Rejects, Strangeland, Field of Dreams, Dakota Skye, On the Town, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, & many more.
- The only genres I'm NOT really into are horror films or "Gross-out" films (with the exception of Porky's, Revenge of the Nerds, & Animal House).
- I'm also BIG into Hallmark movies. Especially Christmas films.
:: Television Shows ::
- I'm not really a part of many "fandoms" but some of the shows that I watch regularly or have seen every episode of are: Television- NCIS (all 3), Hawaii Five-O, Lucifer, Veronica Mars, Prodigal Son, Harrow (Aussie show), Magnum PI (2019), Golden Girls, alot of crime shows, 90's shows, cozy mysteries, & Hallmark Christmas movies.
:: Tattoos & Piercings ::
- I have tattoos & have had various piercings in the past.
- I'm highly interested in tattoos & piercings from other cultures. Their meaning & significance.
- Pin-up girls are also something I am interested in. (Especially postcards, key chains, magazines, & junk journal items)
:: Random facts ::
- There is no fact too odd for me. I love learning new facts about random things all the time.
- Even random facts about individual people are neat.
- Postcards with random facts are always welcome. Or just written facts on a stamped/written postcard are cool.
:: Podcasts ::
- When I'm not listening to music, I love listening to podcasts.
- True Crime podcasts are my fave.
- The main ones I listen to are: True Crime Garage, Someone Knows Something, & My Favorite Murder.
-📌 Pretty Paper (even scraps)
-📌 Stickers (No puffy or 3D ones, please)
-📌 Stationery paper
-📌 Washi tape (especially samples)
-📌 Beanie Boo animals
-📌 Postcards (written & unwritten. All themes welcome. See list below of suggested things to write on postcards.)
-📌 Anything Frank Sinatra
-📌 Funko Pops
-📌 Recipes (American & from other cultures)
-📌 Ephemera of various themes (esp. vintage holiday, oddities, vintage documents, anthropomorphic, & anything fitting into my fav. themes listed below)
-📌 ATCs by other artists (I am up for trading though my artistic ability may be lacking in comparison to most)
LGBTQ // Animal // Food // Celestial // Diddl // The Blue Nose Friends // Kawaii // Skelepets // Mythical creatures // Pinups // Goth // Patriotic // True Crime // Gnomes // 90's // Roaring 20's // The 1950's // Musical // Vintage // Anthropomorphic // Film // Classical Cars // Anatomy & Physiology // Random Facts // Oddities // Cultural Holidays & Traditions // Breast Cancer Awareness // Gerber Daisies // Hydrangeas // Bright Colors // Pastel Colors
La Papierre stationery (etsy), jjkun labels (etsy), washi tape, stickers (destash welcome), pretty scrapbook paper & cardstock (destash welcome), notecards w/ envelopes, memo sheets, shaped paperclips, glue dots, papercraft glue sticks, Micro-line pens, mildliners, brush pens, Pentel Energel pens, Papermate Flair pens, embellishments (esp paper flowers), tag inserts, postcards & Please Deliver To labels.
🚫 Please Don't Send 🚫 Earrings, face masks, makeup, vanilla scented items, or anything political.
💌 Write about your day 💌 What inspires you
💌 What inspires you 💌 Book Recommendations
💌 Describe the weather or the season 💌 Write some phrases in your language
💌 A funny joke or jokes 💌 A funny/embarrassing story
💌 Write about your hobbies 💌 Share a poem
💌 Draw or doodle something 💌 Write down your favorite quote
💌 Paste a photo with a short caption 💌 Write about superstitions in your culture
💌Something unique about your culture 💌 A local festival/celebration/holiday going on in your country
💌 Write about TV shows or movies you've recently watched 💌 Something you're obsessed with right now
💌 A problem you're facing 💌 What recently made you happy/sad
💌 5-10 Random facts about yourself 💌 Your perfect vacation
💌 Family traditions your family may have 💌 Something crazy that happened to you
💌 Describe your surroundings (share a pic)
💌 A dream you had
💌 Something you miss 💌 Places in their country you'd love to visit
💌 Add your blog link or social media!
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|