So I've always been in love with the idea of snailmail. I've sent plenty of them while I was at boarding school and I guess it's something that just stuck with me. Sometime back as I was contemplating about getting back into letter writing I came across a YouTube video which directed me here. SO HERE I AM!!!
I'm living in India but I'm a Tibetan. I'm currently pursuing my PhD in Psychology and I'm not sure what trouble I've signed myself up for.
I love learning about different cultures and ethnicities, hence have found a special affinity for languages as well. I'm trying to learn how to speak in Korean and read/write in Tibetan. I have always been someone who likes planning and preparing for simple things and they may not always be visible but they exist. So Jan 2019 I began a bullet journal. I'm taking it slow and sticking to rapid logging.
You can jump to the DIY and ABC section to know what to write or send me.
I am also open to personal swaps (containing what I'm looking for-mentioned below). Drop me a message if you are interested.
NOTE: Please message me if you don't receive my snailmail. I send all swaps before the deadline. If any mail has been misplaced or doesn't arrive, I will resend if necessary.
2020 Update: I'm trying to diversify my reading and trying to read more than just the usual.
So I'm not a complete bookworm but yeah I'm a voracious reader. I don't think I can remember all the books I've ever read. My all time favourite genres are
I have read a few non-fiction as well but mostly self help and personal development books.
There's something about a story that sticks with me while I forget it's name/title. Does that happen with you too ?
I think I can definitely say I enjoy a bit of every genre (except war movies or those based in that time) But there are a few that stick with me, even after the passage of time I remember scenes vividly and enjoy watching them again and again. Like,
• Shutter Island
• Seven Pounds
• Catch me if you can
• Shawshank Redepmtion
Well this is indeed something that requires the patience to follow and if you happen to miss or hear of a particular show late then the binge watching begins (guilty). You know you've done that too. By the way a few of my personal favourites are:
• Dexter ( I love, love this one. Insanely intriguing)
• Prison Break (I think the planning and plotting just drew me in as someone whose completely into the whole planning and organising bit)
• Suits (damn these guys know what they're doing)
• Lie to Me ( I'd be surprised maybe shocked to ever know of any Psyc student who doesn't love this one)
I've reached this far and I haven't yet mentioned this whole new world of K-dramas that I've been going gaga over (Not joined the K-pop bandwagon, yet). It's been a completely new world that has gotten me intrigued about Korea- its culture, food, people and language (Yes, I picked up a few words from the TV series and yes I'm struggling to learn Korean). I don't want to list all the K-Drama, as it's never ending.
I don't have any allergies but I prefer herbal green teas in any flavour except for chai flavour (I get to have alot of those and hence don't want anymore)
MARCH 2020 UPDATE: I've begun making handmade papers using recycled newspaper, paper scraps, onion skin and garlic skin. I am not very good at it. But if you'd be interested we could swap some samples.
While it's been a few years since I decided that I want my life to be productive and minimalistic(I'm trying my best). A big reason I began DIYing and recycling things around me to make optimum utilisation of resources. While doing this I try to pick up a new skill every now and then. It could be small but as long as it helps sustainability.
Also please don't be surprised if I reuse magazines, newspapers and envies for your mail.
- Random flat envie - @FireBall96 3 March)
- I wish for @abcdefgxyz12367985 S:3 March A: 1 May)
- I collect... STPA - @daydreamer47 S:3 March A:28 April)
- Send to the person above you - @breezyp S:16 April, A: 8May)
- Tag me but I send to you - bblue(S:16 Apri A: 14 Mayl)
- Quick...I need @anicka22 (S:16 April A:15 May)
- ISS April wishlist- @phillaine @anicka(S:16 April A:15May)
- Surprise Tag - @BeHappyToday S:16 April A:18May), @lizzmathwhiz S:20 April A:10 May)
- ISS: flat surprise: @keruka S:16 April A:May), @mgallardo68 S:6May)
- 5,4,3,2,1 Tag~ Int'l : @lizzmathwhiz (Arrived May 10) , @FireBall96 (20 April), @Rainydancer (S:17 May A:5 June)
- Global swap tag, rated swappers: @FireBall96 20 April) @daydreamer47 (S:16July A: 2Aug)
- WTL-Washi wishlist: @mye (S:17 A:31 May)
- ISS May wish: @Mye (S: 17 A: 31 May) @Marryth (S: 17 May A: 19 June) @vacths95 S:17 May A:5 June) @ncnurse (S:17May)
- Themed washi tag : @user6937 (S:6May A: 26June)
- Tag through the alphabet : @user6937 (S:17May A: 3July)
- My requests : @jenthewen (S: 23 May A:1 June)
- Happy mail International : @rainbowfizz (S:14 June A:19 June)
- ISS Take 10: @mgallardo68 (S: 30June)
- Help I can't find : @anicka22 (S:30Sept A:15Nov 2019)
- Cheap postage tag @ILoVeCoWs (S:16 Oct A:)
- ISS 5,4,3,2,1 Tag: @Ciska76 (S:16Oct A: 1Nov)
- SSM Pick 2 Tag: @Gnou (S: 5March A: 19March)
- ISS April wishlist: @anicka22 24/4/2019), @mgallardo68 @phillaine
- I collect, send to the person above : @tcornell 26/04/2019)
- Tag me but I send to you: @lovetherain
- Random flat envie : @abcdefgxyz12367985
- Tag through the alphabet: @itsnobody
- Quick I need : @neva
- ISS flat surprise @mgallardo68 @phillaine 3June,2019)
- WTL Washi wishlist: @jenmcjen (1 May)
- Themed washi tag swap : @daydreamer47
- Global swap tag rated swapper: @Mye
- 5,4,3,2,1 Tag : @rainydancer @user6937
- I wish for: @yunasy
- ISS May wishlist: @anicka22 @mgallardo68
- ISS Take 10 Tag: @mgallardo68
- ISS 5,4,3,2,1 Tag: @anicka22
- SSM Pick 2 Tag:
So I skimmed through a few profiles and thought I'd include this section to help you decide what you could send/write about or maybe find common ground with me.
I will keep updating it regularly
A - artwork(your original), Asian
B- books (of any kind), bright colours, baking, Bristol paper (any size), birds, botanical
C- calligraphy, clear stamps, cardstock paper(any size), challenging myself, compassion, craft, colours(mostly all, except glitter or shimmer), charms for TN, constellation
D- dogs, DIY, drawing, die cuts (nature themed, botanical, underwater theme, labels, tags, mini doilies, paper lace)
E- exploring, envelopes(handmade), embroidery, Earthy colours,
F- french fries, flowers, feathers, fitness, fragrance(like mostly earthy and fruity but not flowery),
H- handmade(anything), Harry Potter,
I- introvert, illustration, instant photo(Polaroids, Instax), inkpads(slightly used will also do), inkpens(Lamy, monteverde, conklin)
J- journalling, Japanese culture and art related things,
K- Korean drama, Korean culture and art related things
L- leaves, learning new skills, lace(fabric/paper), ledger paper
M- memo sheets(classiky style minimalistic, not specifically the brand) , mindfulness, meditation, mountains, minimalism, maps, metal dies, mushrooms
N- note card(blank inside), neutral colours
O- organising, optimisim, oceans, onion paper
P- pastel colours, plants, poetry (about life, nature, emotions, humorous, haiku, your original), pens, paper(all kinds for scrapbooking esp. handmade/recyled), photo/photography, painting, pouch(sewn for stationery), pressed flowers/plants,
R- reading, rubber stamps(refer to section below), research, recycled paper,
S- stationery(obviously), stickers(refer to section below) , stencils, sketches,
T- travelling, trees, TN inserts (B5 slim, dotted pages), twine/thread
U- universe, uniball pens,
V- vintage (papers, books), vellum,
W- washitape(refer to section below), writing, walking, winter, watercolours, workout, wax paper
Y- yoga, yarn,
Z- zentangle, zen, zip pouches
Since I'm obsessed with these I thought they deserved a separate section of their own.
I'm disheartened that I would have a need to mention flakes but at the same time I'm grateful for the angels in here.
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|