Date Joined: January 3, 2018
Last Online: August 7, 2020
Birthday: March 16
I'm back in my home country and ready to start swapping again! I've made some updates to my profile, including preferences and dislikes.
Hello friends! My name is Nikola, I’m a man in my middle 20s, living in Bulgaria. Sending real mail has become a hobby of mine since I first discovered swap-bot back in 2018. This discovery was thanks to my participation in Reddit Santa and my desire to find similar websites where I can share some mail, gifts, and other goodies. Swap-bot turned out to be the perfect platform for me, having different types of swaps and a fairly large community. I use websites like Postcrossing and sendsomething.net as well but Swap-bot will always be my home. I’ve met some awesome people on this platform, shared and read some amazing stories, and generally had much fun. Of course, there were bad days but it wouldn’t be an adventure if it was all perfect. I shared my newly found hobby with my girlfriend who made a swap-bot account as well: @itsnobody Living separately but from the same city, it’s been great for our relationship to share this mail experience. If you want to know what and what not to send me please check my profile below, it’s been updated in May 2020. In addition, you can check my interests and likes when you’re wondering what to write to me about. Hint* I’m all about pen-paling right now ^^
Probably everyone has had some trouble with their post office. Every country has issues, especially in troubled times like the COVID-19 crisis. I've had my fair share of issues with Bulgarian Post, mostly because of its old system that has not been updated for the 21st century. Regardless, I've still managed to sent every swap or re-sent it when necessary.
For this reason, PLEASE, let me know before you rate me for not receiving something. My rating speaks for itself and I've had to resent more than three times for a swap just to keep it clean from 3s and 1s. I also take pictures of everything I send before I send it, with stamps and everything. Rest assured that I'm sending you whatever the swap states and if you don't receive it it's because of other problems. Notify me in advance and I'll be happy to resend.
The same works for receiving swaps. I'm willing to wait additional time or accept resends. The key here is - communication. Everything can be resolved when we just talk it through.
I send every swap with regular mail except when I resending, then I use Air Mail or offer a tracking number.
I've been in most types of swaps on this website just to experience everything. Right now I have a set of swaps that I would like to participate in and things that I would like to receive. This list might help you when you're sending me something.
• Letters – I value personal letters the most on this platform because it’s a way to connect with people from all over the world, with different backgrounds and with interesting stories. Please check my likes/interests list below if you’re wondering what to write me about. In general, I would love to know more about you, what are you working/studying/doing at the moment, what are your interests and hobbies, your favorite movies, books, etc. Also, related to my field of study and general interest, I would love to know more about your country or city/town, it’s history or whatever you found interesting and worth sharing. I value a lot such information and I can provide you with the same in return. Don’t worry if you’re sending me just a piece of paper, this is what I appreciate the most. If you want to include some flat mail goodies check the list below. Please note the date on which you’re writing me your letter (or postcard). Other ideas: write something in your language with translation, favorite quote from a book/movie/song, anything you feel like sharing.
• Postcards – I strongly prefer naked and stamped postcards, regular-sized. I have no use for blank postcards as I have a fair number of them. Generally, I like postcards from your native town/city/country with some information about it. I recently started collecting cards from the series “Greetings from…” Right now I accept those from any country so don’t hesitate to send me one. In addition, I like postcards with maps, flags, and coats of arms on them, history related, movies, or tv shows related.
• Flat goodies – Please don’t send me blank postcards in envelopes. If you want to send me something additional to a letter in an envelope, here are some ideas: photos, stamps, address labels, recipes (love recipes because me and my girlfriend try them every time we receive one, recipes from your country or town are much appreciated), small maps, sheets from a book or something else you like, flyers from your home town, tickets, old currency, small magnets (if you’re sure they won’t be a problem for the mail in a flat envie), washi tape samples, cards (playing or whatever kind), drawings and anything else you like that can be put in a flat envelope (meaning it won’t be very heavy) and is also not on my dislike list below.
• Big goodies – These are for medium to large packages if the swap dictates it or you just want to send me something in addition to a letter. Books (and comic books), bigger maps and travel-related stuff, food/snacks (especially if they’re local), coffee in small packaging, different drinks in small packaging, spices, seeds (I have a small garden so any seeds would be appreciated), patches (I collect country patches), souvenirs, little figures/toys, tote bags, anything else that you feel would fit in this categories and having in mind my dislike list
While I enjoy everything I receive I think such list is necessary as it will be easier for the sender. Of course, if I'm in a swap that specifically states something that is on this list, don't hesitate to send it.
• Blank postcards – please send me only naked and stamped postcards, except if the swap we’re both in specifically states to send blank postcards.
• Stickers – I have plenty of stickers that I don’t know what to do with. While I enjoy them, there would be a better use for someone else or just stick them on the envelope/postcard :)
• Stationary – I love notebooks but I have enough of them right now. The same goes for pens and other stationary.
• Tea – being a huge tea enthusiast this is hard to put on the list but I participated in a LOT of tea swaps the past 2 years so I have enough tea at the moment
• Letter sets – I like letter sets but I figured out how to make my own which is better in my opinion so no need to send me letter sets
• Others: blank note cards, envelopes, pins, badges, ephemera.
In this section, you can see my general interests and likes that can maybe help you when writing to me.
History and Politics: my bachelor is in International Relations so not surprisingly I'm interested in these topics. If you want to discuss anything related to them I'm always open-minded.
Traveling: of course, most people love to travel, I'm no different. I've been to a couple of European countries but I'm yet to visit a non-European one. I would like to travel anywhere really, even North Korea or Syria. My dream is to travel with the Trans-Siberian railway across Russia, Mongolia, and China.
Foreign cultures: I'm interested in your stories about your town/city and country. What is the culture like, what is the history? Anything you feel like sharing I would love to know.
Movies: I enjoy my fair share of movies and sometimes I consider myself a movie buff. I don't go to the cinema very often as I rarely find a movie worth the big screen experience. I really like cheesy action and sci-fi movies from the 80s and 90s. My favorite contemporary directors are Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, Wes Anderson, Alejandro González Iñárritu, and Denis Villeneuve. My all-time favorite movies are Star Wars (V), Interstellar, The Dark Knight, Mad Max, The Hateful Eight, Taxi Driver, Saving Private Ryan, The Revenant, and Black Hawk Down.
TV Shows: I watch way too many TV shows. Probably half of my life was spent doing just that. Here are some of my favorites:
Books: I try to read everything but I often go for a science fiction book. My favorite book is "The Foundation" by A. Asimov. Recently I started reading contemporary Sci-Fi like "The Expanse" series and "Red Rising". Dystopian novels are also a favorite of mine and I have read most of them. My favorites are "1984" and "Fahrenheit 451". I also enjoy classics ("Of Mice and Men", "Lord of the Flies"), horror and cosmic horror (Stephen King, H.P. Lovecraft), fantasy ("A Song of Ice and Fire") and historical books.
Authors that I'm a fan of or I like: Isaac Asimov, H.P. Lovecraft, George Orwell, Ray Bradbury, Robert Silverberg, Ursula Le Guin, George R.R. Martin, J, Stanislaw Lem, the Strugatsky brothers, Stephen King.
Any recommendations are most welcome. I would like to branch out and read something different.
Comic books: anything related to comics: from movies, merch to actual books. I love graphic novels as well, my favorite comics are from DC (Batman, Watchmen, Green Lantern). I like a bit of Marvel as well, mainly Spider-Man and X-Men.
Gaming: I've loved playing video games since I was a child I've played mainly on a PC but I had a couple of consoles (currently I have a PS4). My favorite game franchise is Fallout. Other games that I like are: Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3, Metro 2033, The Total War series, Minecraft, Hearthstone, Warcraft 3 (Frozen Throne), Diablo 2 & 3, DOOM, The God of War series, The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead (Telltale), The Grand Theft Auto series, Red Dead Redemption 2 and many others.
I also enjoy board games with some friends but I don't have a favorite one.
Other: I'm a fan of all animals and of course I'm against animal cruelty. I had a Bolognese breed dog for 19 years but sadly she passed recently (Jan 2020). My favorite scents are Lime, Coconut, and Cinnamon. My favorite spice has to be curry. Favorite colors have to be: dark red (Bordeaux), dark green, navy blue, purple and black.
Dislikes: only one and that is when receiving something the note just says "Happy Swapping" or a similar sentence. I prefer bigger engagement.
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|