Date Joined: March 14, 2018
Last Online: October 20, 2018
Birthday: April 12
Country: United States
...a little bit about me. I’m originally from Knoxville, TN. My family moved to Southern California back in 1968...so I guess you could say that California is my home now.
Growing up I always had aspirations of becoming many things....a few are the following...
• An attorney...any one that has known me for any length of time has said that I missed my calling, that I should have been an attorney.
• A doctor...”I” personally feel like I would have made a great doctor...no specific field of study but I would say if I had to state one, it would be pediatrics because I love children.
• A teacher...I love sharing knowledge
• A chef...I absolutely love to cook... I’m pretty good to....I could teach those folks at Sur la Table a few things... lol.
• A professional singer...I thought about auditioning on American Idol so long I was to old to enter!!! I would have one to...lol.
• A clothes designer...I’m a conservative dresser...hard to find things I like in the retail stores. Since I didn’t become a fashion designer, I see that the designer “St.John” must have drugged me, got inside my head, and stole my ideas...the only difference is that I would sell my designs a heck of a lot cheaper. I love the St. John look but I only buy them when it is on its last markdown!!!
• An accountant...I’m good with numbers...enough said.
But among all the above...the one thing that I’ve always wanted to do was to own my own business but reality set in.
Over the years I’ve worked a variety of jobs, started school/college several times but there was always “something “ that got in the way of my finishing. Through it all...I never lost sight or hope of what I have always wanted to do....start my own business.
Present day...I still work...I’m a Market Manager. I’m not quite ready for retirement...a have a few more bills to pay.
On the side...I’m also an Event\Party planner. Any size event or occasion. I also design custom gift baskets...make custom party favors and the like. I do desk top publishing...I’m a one stop shop.. I do all the events in my family...both in life and death...
Have I said yet that..... •I absolutely love...shoes, cardigan sweaters, watches, and charm bracelets?
•I have just about every die that Accucut makes? I spent a not so small fortune on these!!!!!😳
I have every size diecutting machine by Sizzix...It was my choice over the “many” companies out there. I bought their first model “waay” back in the day...remember that red manual thing with the black handle?
I also have the Grand by Accucut.
I have now added the Cricut Maker to my craft arsenal
Nothing personal but...I’m not into fairies or anything goth.
I love all types of music but soft jazz is one of my favorites.
Anything technical or self-help
Period piece mini seriers Medevial type...King Arthur...etc!
Food Network - Chopped - CSI - Forensic Files - First 48 - Snapped..."yes"....I like this show...lol Any documentary type show
Absolutely” “anything” that has to do with paper. I’m obsessed. I love all things “paper” especially really thick/heavy weight card stock...any color or pattern. I am more on the conservative side and tend to make and craft things that have clean lines. I do however like bold colors...and visually striking patterns or designs on products that I purchase to work with. I like things that are different and unusual. I think outside the box when creating something. I just started to make pocket letters and ATC's and like it a lot.
I absolutely love Asian Fusion/Chinese/Japanese Food. I like certain Mexican dishes and I absolutely go nuts over crab. I love pretty much anything “lemon”...Bars...cookies... pie... lemon flavored cake... yum! Did I say that I was a diabetic??? Type 11 Drats....I inject -3- times a day! I love tea...Cinnamon, Spice, Mint, Peppermint, Fruity flavors. I also like Cider. Unopened/sealed packets, bags, or K-cups only please.
My “ likes” regarding things I would love to receive in swaps:
* Thick/heavyweight patterned cardstock/scrapbook paper.
* I like bold vivid and unusual patterns with flowers or abstract prints/patterns especially with foil but without is great also.
* Unusual/cute post-it notes/memo-list pads.
* Tags. * Washi tape. * Ribbon/trims. * Brads. * Handmade envelopes...any size. * Anything with the “airmail” theme on it. * A sample of your work...something that you made...ATC...Flipbook...Pocket Letter...
I see a lot of swaps about various things on Swap-Bot that I have never heard of and don’t join swaps because of this but would like to try doing the project.
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|