Hello from England! I love sending mail, and receiving mail and everything to do with mail! It just makes me smile when I come hope to a big letter-shaped surprise in my postbox. I like to spend time thinking of exactly what to send to each person.
Since joining postcrossing a few years ago I have gained a few wonderful penpals that I write to regularly. But random letters and postcards here and there are always fun to!
I live near the city of Nottingham. My hometown is famous, due to it being the home of Sherwood Forest, and the legend of Robin Hood, the famous outlaw. I live in a little farming village, surrounded by fields and forests, and i love living in the countryside.
I recently got a new job which is completely different to what I was doing before! It’s been a little scary and crazy but I’m so glad I missed the change and I can’t wait to see what happens!
◦ Reading - especially murder mysteries. I love books with surprises and twists, and stories where you never know wha tis going to happen until the last minute. I love a good book that you just can't put down.
◦ Films - all sorts, mainly comedy/action/adventure. I used to never turn a film off until it got to the end, even if I didn't like it. However, i've recently gotten more ruthless! If i don't like the first 10 minutes, I don't watch it! it makes me feel a little mean, but also awfully powerfull
◦ Television - especially comedy and panel shows. I love a finding a TV show that makes me laugh out loud, but unfortunaly it dosn't happen very often.
◦ Musicals - I love going to watch musicals at the theatre. I have seen a lot, including Cats, Annie, Chicago and more! I most recently went to watch Mamma Mia in London, but my favourite is Matilda the Musical.
◦ Crafts - everything from quilling, to wood carving, to sewing, and more. You name a craft and I will try it!
◦ Mail - letters, postcards, photos, gifts, random lists, surprises! Anything that comes through my mailbox will be a favourite of mine!
◦ Moose - the animal, not the food. I'm not sure what it is about them, but they are just so adorable! Send me anything with a moose on and I will love you forever!
◦ Harry Potter - everything Harry Potter! Books, films, clothes, stationary, badges, wands, Platform 9 3/4s, Warner Brothers Studio Tour
I love so many books, its hard to choose my favourites! I love fantasy/adventure novels, but I have also recently discovered a love for Murder/Crime Mystery novels. In this genre I particulaly love the writers Kate Atkinson and Linwood Barclay.
My absolute all time favourite series' are...
◦ Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
◦ Tunnels series by Roderick Gordon
◦ Inkheart trilogy by Cornelia Funke
◦ His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman.
I like to have a go at all sorts of crafts and seem to fall in love with all of them (except knitting, I could never get the hang of that!) If you have any suggestions for crafts for me to try, please let me know becuase i am always up for giving new things a try.
My favourite crafts change on a weekly basis, but at the moment I love...
◦ Wax stamping - my new favourite hobby is sealing envelopes with wax stamps! Why have I never tried this before?!
◦ Sewing/Quilting - I'm not really one for making clothes, but i like making little things like cushions, bunting, bags etc.
◦ Cross-Stitch - My latest and favourite cross stich project is a large Hogwarts Crest Cross Stitch. I'm quite slow and only do bits now and again, but i hope to do all the houses as well eventually.
◦ Felting - I've had a go at both wet-felting and needle-felting and i'm not particulaly good it either, but i like them anyway!
◦ Card making - I like making cards, but they never seem to come out as spectacualr as i expect. I guess it's the thought that counts!
◦ Quilling - I like incorporating quilling into my cards, and although my designs arn't very extravagent, i think they are very cute!
◦ Wood Carving - I like having a go at this, but I often get bored half way through my creations! I currently have a half finished mouse, rabbit and snoopy!
◦ Soapstone Carving - Again, I love having a go at this but never know how to finish my projects. In fact I currently have a half finished fairy house sitting in my bedroom!
◦ Pyrography - fancy name for wood burning. It is a little pen-like burner that you can use to burn patterns and pictures onto wood.
◦ Decopage - I love the brand Decopatach, they have such pretty papers and i love looking on their website for ideas.
◦ Colouring - I got given a couple of adult colouring books for Christmas and i love them so much! It is such a good idea, why were adults never alowed to colour before!
I like a wide range of films, and am always up for trying new ones, so I am open to your suggestions! I really love...
◦ Harry Potter.
◦ Moulin Rouge.
◦ Hot Fuzz.
◦ I Love You Phillip Morris.
◦ National Treasure.
I love television shows that make me laugh out loud, although that doesn't happen very often unfortunaltely. I like a mixture of shows from comedy panel shows, to dramas and random stuff inbetween. Generally I prefer British TV shows. A few of my favourite shows are;
◦ Derren Brown (Trick or Treat, Trick of the Mind, Apocolypse, Svengali, Etc).
◦ Pushing Daisies.
◦ Orphan Black.
◦ Call The Midwife.
◦ Doctor Who.
◦ Never Mind The Buzzcocks.
◦ Would I Lie To You?
I love surprises so i'm sure I will love anything you send me so please let your imagination go wild! You may end up sending me something amazing that i love, but haven't even thought of before! But to give you a few ideas, i particulaly love;
◦ Letters - I love full envelopes, they just make me smile! Write about anything! Or just send me a random list!
◦ Postcards - Both written on and sent, or sent blank so i can use them. I like all sorts of postcards! Touristy, cartoony, animals! Any postcards you have spare will be welcome!
◦ Photographs - Of you, your family, your pets, your hometown, your crafts!
◦ Bright Colours - I really like any bright, happy colours, but my favourite colours are yellow and purple.
◦ Moose - Anything with Moose, Deer, Stags, on! I think they're really adorable, but unfortunatly there don't seem to be many moose related products out there.
◦ Harry Potter - Anything Harry Potter themed! I am completely obsessed with Harry Potter and would love anything you can find about the books, films or wizarding world in general.
◦ Halloween - My absolute favourite time of the year so anything Halloween related would be awesome!
◦ Socks - I love bright or patterned or crazy socks! I’m a UK shoe size 7!
◦ Ice Cream - Obviously i know you can't send real ice cream in the mail! However, I love anything ice cream or ice cream van themed!
◦ Fabric - I love sewing, quliting and patchwork, so if you have some space chunks of fabric that you would like to spare, i would love to make something with them.
◦ Totes/Shopping bags - Any strong reusable shopping bag or tote, i don't mind what material it is made from, plastic, material, canvas, etc.
◦ Gift bags/Gift wrap - I like the patterned cellophane or paper gift bags that are used to put small gifts or homemade items in. I also like pretty or patterned tissue paper and wrapping paper.
◦ Sweets/ Candy/ Chocolate - I like trying sweets from different countries that we aren't able to get very easily in the UK. I think it's really interesting to see what different tastes we have all over the world. I’m not a big fan of dark chocolate, but other than that I’d like to try anything!
◦ Craft supplies - Any craft supplies would be welcome, i have listed my favourte crafts above so perhaps something that could be incorporated into one of these.
◦ Cross Stitch Kits - I particulaly like small kits (i tend to get bord with larger projects that take too long). I would love any kit you send (they would ALL be used), but i really like christmas themed ones.
◦ Stickers - Any random stickers, but i particulaly like small ones that i can stick on postcards so they don't take up to much room.
I have my own Etsy shop selling postcards! All the postcards I sell on there are made using my own photographs or drawings!
I have images of nature, animals, and famous landmarks from the UK, France and the USA.
It would be lovely if you could check it out. I know there are a lot of postcard swaps here on Swap-bot, and also a lot of Postcrossers on here so you might find something to add to you collection :)
◦ I will not sign up for a swap unless i am 100% commited to sending it, so if you do not receive anything from me, please contact me and i will arrange to re-send.
◦ The same goes for if you are planing on rating me down, if i have sent the wrong thing, or for whatever reason. I will try and read through everything carefully, but we all make mistakes sometimes. Please contact me first and i will try my best to solve the issue.
◦ I usually post my items at night after work, which means they will not be picked up until the next day. Please take this into consideration in the date on the postmark is slightly different to the date i have marked as sent.
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|