28 July 2020:
I've updated my profile to include more information on what I like :)
29 June 2020:
I am now reusing packaging wherever possible! I am trying to buy less disposable plastics and boxes.
Hi everyone! I'm Josslyn, but I mostly go by Jossie or Joss. I'm a 26 year old alternative model from South Africa now living in Belgium. I speak English and Afrikaans fluently and am moderately fluent in Dutch - I would love a Dutch penpal to further improve my language skills!
I love dyeing my hair weird and wonderful colours - it's currently dark green and black (although it's mostly been varying shades of green and black for years now, I do sometimes change it to blue or purple for a month or so every once in a while). I also love body modifications and have a few piercings and tattoos. I love hearing the stories behind other people's tattoos. I'm also very much into the goth subculture and everything it entails.
I have two beautiful kitties, Ritsie and Mavis!
I love traveling and hope to be able to travel again soon. I particularly love visiting places with medieval history with castles and forests. I literally picked the city I now live in based on the fact that it has a castle in the city centre :D I also love viking and celtic history. I could spend the entire day inside museums learning about history.
I am the founder of The Darker Side of SB and Swapping in Belgium! as well as co-founder of the Swappers in South Africa group along with @Hoosfoos
I have a 3DS & Nintendo Switch and play Pokemon (and Pokemon Go!) so message me if you'd like to exchange friend codes :)
I'm into the following crafts:
* Bone wall art - I am still very new at this but having lots of fun with it! All bones used in my creations are ethically sourced
* Jewellery making (elegant beaded jewellery - see Etsy store)
* Jewellery / trinket box making - I paint and decorate fancy boxes to different themes
Supplies are always appreciated!
I also like doing private swaps with other crafty people :)
Here are some things I like if you're looking for inspiration:
* Anatomical themed items, especially hearts
* Animal bones or animal bone jewellery (ethically sourced please)
* Animals - bats, rabbits, cats, ravens, rats and wolves
* Cat toys or other items for my cats
* Classic horror - I love Nosferatu, Dracula, Elvira, Frankenstein, Vampira etc inspired items!
* Colours - black, ivy / forest green, dark blue and dark purple
* Cooking and baking recipes (I am not vegan, but my mother is, so I do not mind receiving vegan or vegetarian recipes! Please check the next section though for food allergies)
* Creepy cute / spoopy items - especially cute black cats or bats
* Crystals (I am really connecting with Labradorite lately, but any crystals will be appreciated)
* Dried or pressed flowers
* Fantasy (elves, dragons, magic, mythical creatures, etc - I'd LOVE to receive something jackalope themed!)
* Gaming related items (see favourite games)
* Gothic dolls
* Harry Potter (I'm a proud Slytherin)
* Lace and velvet
* Letter sets & note cards
* Medieval items - anything to do with castles, medieval fashion, monarchs, etc. My favourite era in history is the Tudors but I love hearing about medieval history all over the world!
* Moon themed items
* Mythology - particularly Celtic, Egyptian and Norse
* Pokemon (my favourite Pokemon are Pikachu, Ninetales, Eevee, Umbreon & Espeon)
* Postcards - I prefer non-touristy postcards with art, or postcards with castles or other medieval elements
* Runes - Elder or younger Futhark. I have a strong connection with Kenaz and Raidho
* Scents - if you are sending me anything scented, I absolutely love berries (especially cherries), vanilla, patchouli, cinnamon, peppercorn and coffee
* Seeds - we are busy planting a little veggie and flower garden on our balcony! So far we have cucumber, lettuce, basil, chives and mint, so I'd love seeds for other things! When it comes to flowers, purples and blues are my favourite but I like all colours
* Spooky things
* Taxidermy or taxidermy themed or inspired items
* The Addams Family (I love Wednesday and have a huge tattoo of her on my thigh)
* Victorian themed items, especially cameos, filigree, damask and lace!
* Viking & Celtic inspired home decor
* Washi tape - I love gothic style washi tape with things like moons black cats, ravens, bats, forests, damask, cameos, etc, as well as Pokemon washi
* Witchy and Pagan themed items (I have a gravitation towards Celtic, Norse and Egyptian symbolism)
Beauty products I love:
* Glitter & gems to stick on my face
* False lashes - interesting or really long ones!
Candy / food / recipes etc I like:
* Berries & berry flavoured things
* Chocolate - any kind but my absolute favourite is ruby chocolate! No nuts or fruits though please - chocolates with other things like gummy candy, caramel, etc inside are fine!
* Gummy sweets
* Sour things
* Sweet things
* Tea - my favourites are berry / ginger / cinnamon / liquorice, but I love trying new things! Please no Earl Grey or Rooibos though
* Turkish delight
Please don't send me any of the following:
* Baby / children related things - I am childfree by choice and so are all of my friends so I don't even have anyone to gift things like that to
* Bath products - our boiler is only on in the morning when I am still sleeping, so I cannot bath at our current apartment unless I get up early :(
* Cartoon / Hello Kitty / Kawaii items (cute cat items are the only exception)
* Christmas themed items. I grew up in a family that did not celebrate Christmas so it means nothing to me (when I enter stocking stuffer swaps I don't keep the items as stocking stuffers, I open them right away. But of course in these kinds of swaps I do not mind Christmas themed wrapping papers or cards as they might be part of the swap requirements)
* Colours - gold, copper, pink, brown and orange
* Dia de los Muertos or "sugar skull" themed items
* Fridge magnets - our fridge is not magnetic so I have nowhere to put them :(
* Girly or super colourful items
* Jewellery - I have my own jewellery business and mostly wear my own creations to promote my brand
* Ouija board related items
* Makeup - I am a promoter for Notoriously Morbid Cosmetics and almost exclusively use their products
* Postage stamps - I sometimes keep a pretty stamp that was on a swap I receive, but I don't really collect stamps
* Religious items or symbolism (including Gothic crosses! NOTHING to do with religion please, EXCEPT Norse / Celtic or other pagan imagery. Please no pentagrams though - pentacles are fine if the point is facing up)
* Skull and crossbones items (the pirate style - other skull or bone themed things are fine!)
* The Nightmare Before Christmas items (other Tim Burton related items are fine)
Please don't send me any recipes / tea / candy, etc containing the following:
* Orange or orange flavourant (I'm allergic!)
* Spicy / hot food
* Tea - Earl Grey, English Breakfast or Rooibos. I prefer fruity teas
* Tomatoes - yes I know you probably won't be sending me tomatoes, but please keep this allergy in mind when sending me recipes as I am extremely allergic!
Absurd Minds, Alestorm, Assemblage 23, Avantasia, Blutengel, Death In June, Depeche Mode, Der Klinke, Diary Of Dreams, Eluveitie, Elvenking, Epica, Fields Of The Nephilim, Finntroll, Hammerfall, Joy Division, Korpiklaani, Manegarm, The March Violets, Merciful Nuns, The Merry Thoughts, Morbid Poetry, Northland, Nosferatu, October Burns Black, Powerwolf, Pretentious Moi?, Rosetta Stone, Serious Black, She Past Away, Sisters Of Mercy, Solar Fake, VNV Nation, XIII. Stoleti
The Addams Family & Addams Family Values, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Beetlejuice, Elvira Mistress Of The Dark, Frankenstein, Frankenweenie, Harry Potter, Hotel Transylvania, Lord Of The Rings, Nosferatu The Vampyre, The Princess Bride, Resident Evil, Underworld, Van Helsing, World War Z
The 100, The Addams Family (original 1964 series), American Horror Story, The Big Bang Theory, Forever, Game Of Thrones, iZombie, The Last Man On Earth, Modern Family, Penny Dreadful, Pokemon, Ru Paul's Drag Race, A Series Of Unfortunate Events, The Tudors, Van Helsing, Vikings, The Witcher, Z Nation
Bioshock Trilogy, Dead Island, DOOM, Dragon Age, Dying Light, The Elder Scrolls (Online, Skyrim & Morrowind), The Forest, The Legend Of Zelda, Pokemon, Splatoon, The Witcher Trilogy, Vampyr.
* Random fabric swatches stuffed envie to @usacricket (received)
* "I've Got What You Want" tag to @Nevermore (received)
* "I collect...send to the person above you" tag to @Purplmyst (received)
* Global Swap Tag to @piratecaptainmo (received)
* Destash tag to @notme78 (received)
* "I've Got What You Want" tag to @TeaP (received)
* "I Offer Tag - Europe" to @notme78 (received)
* "I wish for....." to @SatisHuman (received)
* Menagerie Tag to @GrrrMeoww (received)
* Menagerie Tag to @Lonestarchild (received)
* Kawaii Memosheets Envie from @missxkay
* "I've Got What You Want" tag from @sjayana20
* Stamped notecards from @user2637
* "I collect...send to the person above you" tag from @mgallardo68
* Destash Tag from @Lonestarchild
* "I've got what you want" tag from @GrrrMeoww
* "I Offer Tag - Europe" from @thelocalman
* Global Swap Tag from @user6937
* Menagerie Tag from @JuneRosebud
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|